Opening its doors in 2011, Carlisle Youth Zone has acted as a social hub in Carlisle City centre for young people from the ages of 7-18 (25 for young people with additional support needs). With a full timetable of arts and crafts, sports, gaming and more, Carlisle Youth Zone offers a range of opportunities for young people to make friends and gain independence. The Youth Zone also offers an weekly Inclusion Club for young people with extra support needs. They also offer a mentoring scheme for any member to access one on one support with a trained volunteer.
Carlisle Youth Zone is a state of the art facility with a fully functional café and kitchen, gaming room, sports pitches and gym. They also offer a range of activities in the arts from simple craft sessions to access to a music studio, hair and beauty room, as well as dance and drama sessions!
What is on offer:
- Junior Club for 7-12 year olds who can take part in arts, sports and much more!
- The Senior Club gives 12-18 year olds access to dance and drama sessions, gym, music studios, and even a sports hall with a climbing wall! Senior Club members do not need to book sessions and can drop-in whenever they wish to.
- An Inclusion Club for anyone aged 8-24. This specialises in providing a safe and quiet environment for young people with extra support needs. Members of the Inclusion Club can attend weekly craft, sport and sensory activities as well as joining in with the wider membership sessions if they want to.
- Mentoring from a trained volunteer over the course of a year. This gives the opportunity for young people to discuss their dreams and feelings in a safe space with a trained volunteer.
- There are also volunteering opportunities for people who want to spare a few hours every week to lead sessions and support the members.
The Inclusion Club offers a safe space for young people with extra support needs. They offer a range of activities including sensory based activities. Click here for more information.
A large section of the Youth Zone is on the ground floor. There are also lifts to the upper floors of the building. There is limited on-site parking but there is access from pavements and nearby street parking.
Become a member here!
Want to explore another community hub in Carlisle? Visit Tullie!