Seachange cafe is a community cafe, offering support and valuable experience in a dynamic and forward-thinking working environment.
- Cafe and Arts Venue based in Ocean Road, South Shields.
- SeaChange provides long-term sustainable employment to autistic people and people with learning disabilities.
- Vegetarian cafe – serves a selection of veggie and vegan food.
- Pet friendly. Well behaved pets, but something to be aware of if you have sensory problems, e.g. struggling with dog barks. Take a look at Gee’s blog on on sensory processing and sensory overload
- Live music on weekends and some weekdays.
- They sell Veggie and Vegan food, Towering cakes, Specialty Coffee, Craft beer and host Social Events and Art Installations
- Menu favourites: Magpye Plant-Based Pies with Chunky Chips, Grilled Cheese or Breakfast Bap
- Free parking on Ocean Road, as well as space to the rear of the cafe on FLAGG COURT.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Regular Arts & Crafts classes.
- Seachange cafe is available to hire for private events, parties and group meetings.
- They run Autism friendly events – are they planning to run more? (planned fortnightly – ask for how long they run)?
- Seachange also has an online shop, that sells locally brewed craft beer and ideas for presents for beer lovers. You can also find other bespoke, carefully crafted presents here, even if it is just for yourself!
You can make your day at the coast complete, with a veggie or vegan treat. And to wash down your food, why not try one of Seachange Cafe’s specialty coffees or a local craft beer?