MAIN‘s Stockton branch runs a variety of social groups and activities for autistic children, tweens and teens. The focus is on providing opportunities for individuals to develop confidence, make friends and feel included.
The following groups and activities are available on MAIN Stockton:
- Wednesday Tweens and Teens – 6-8pm, for 11 – 18 year olds.
- Thursday Tweens and Teens – 6-8pm, for 11 – 18 year olds.
- Saturday Tweens and Teens – every other Saturday, 12-4pm, for 11 – 18 year olds.
- Inbetweeners – Mondays, 6:30-9pm, for 16 – 25 year olds.
- Adult Group – Thursday, 6-9pm
- Friday Youth Group – 5-7pm, for 5 – 18 year olds.
- Saturday Youth Group – 10am-12pm, for 5 – 18 year olds.
- Softplay and Swim
- Come Dine With MAIN
- Weekend Adventurers – every other Saturday, 10am-2pm, for 8 – 12 year olds.
The Youth Group takes place at MAIN’s Riverside Park facility in Middlesbrough. The Tweens and Teens group alternates weekly between Riverside Park and somewhere in the local community. Weekend Adventurers sessions take place in The Ragworth Neighbourhood Centre in Stockton.
Community activities may include swimming, ice-skating and go-karting; to name just a few!
Come Dine With MAIN is a programme that teaches young people cooking skills, shopping, budgeting and food hygiene. The programme lasts for 16 weeks and is for those aged 13+.
For Eric’s page about all of the services MAIN provides, click here. MAIN’s other branches can be found here: Durham, Middlesbrough, Redcar.