Durham University’s Oriental museum is a perfect way to learn more about a wide variety of history from ancient Egypt to China! Therefore, this is known as the only museum in the north dedicated to just the North of Africa and Asia!
Click here to book your free place now!
What is offered at the Oriental Museum?
There are fascinating lectures, different collections and exhibitions, workshops e.c.t.
Further, including special exhibits providing education on Egypt, Japan, India and South Asia, Himalayas and Central Asia, and China
To find out about what exhibitions are being currently offered, Click here.
Cafe and Shop
Why not also visit the Cafe and Shop in the Oriental Museum? Perfect to relax.
- There are two disabled car parking spaces in front of the entrance. As a result, the entrance is accessible and wheelchairs can be loaned from the front desk.
- Also, there is a hearing loop at the front desk.
- Additionally, large print guides are available upon request.
- Autism-friendly with quiet time craft activities and sensory bags available!
- All staff are trained in dementia awareness.
- Further, Lifts can be used to access the entire Oriental Museum.
Also belonging to Durham University are the following attractions;
Perfect for a visit after the Oriental Museum!
Many thanks to Pixabay for the photography!