Why come to the Library?
The Library is a Durham Centre pub and is an ideal place to come to relax, and enjoy some craft ale, games of pool and watching sport. The Library is one of many pubs in Durham City centre.
Gin Lab? In a Durham Centre Pub? What’s that?
Here at The Library we have a gin lab, where you can take part in gin tasting sessions, where you get to concoct your own drink recipes. The perfect gift for a gin lover, plus there’s no need to book!
What can you do at The Library?
- Sporting events on TV
- Festive events like Christmas
- Bottomless Brunch
- Corporate events
- Birthday parties
- Private hire for events
What is the accessibility like?
- The library is located on a cobbled street, heading up to Durham Cathedral, therefore unlikely to be wheelchair friendly
- there is a step up to the front door, however this is at an angle and so steeper on one side than the other.
- We are unable to comment on disabled toilets, if you have any experience drop us a comment!
- Family policy whereby children can come (with an adult) up until 9 pm on a week night and 7 pm on a Friday or Sat night.
- Order and pay at the table with their new app.
Durham centre pub serving ales with character
Pubs in Durham city centre are often full of character, and The Library is no exception, serving cask marque approved ale. Located in a historic building, not far from Durham Castle, it offers the perfect blend of character, varied drinks menu and homely comfort food. Click here to book your slot.