National Centre for the Written Word
The Word, National Centre for the Written Word is a cultural venue located at the heart of South Shields. It has many brilliant facilities for all ages to explore, all of this being a way to celebrate all forms of the written word be it exhibitions or even through events.
- The location has disabled parking in their car park.
- The South Shields Transport Interchange is nearby for those travelling by bus.
- The entrance to the location is access level making it easily accessible.
- There are lifts in the building.
- Hearing loops are available for certain areas. For more info check here.
- Assistance dogs of all kinds are welcome.
- There is accessible toilets in the building.
- There is a self tour guide that has large print.
- A floor plan can be viewed on their website.
Here is where you can find out what is going on .
Here is similar places to The Word that can be found throughout England